Tuesday, July 1, 2008

5 Years

5 years ago today my mom passed away. I thought I'd be super sad and depressed, but I'm really doing okay. I actually forgot that today was "the day" until about an hour ago. I know that things like this get easier with time, but I think a huge reason I'm doing okay today is because I KNOW where Mom is at. She is in a place I can't even begin to imagine, a place more absolutely amazing than anyone on earth could even start to dream up. And although I do still miss her a lot, and can't get past the joy of where she's at. Instead of today being a day of sadness, I want to celebrate the day she went HOME.



I was so blessed to have a mom like her. Her spiritual wisdom and guidance made a HUGE impact in my life, and I know I wouldn't be absolutely, sold-out, in love with God if it wasn't for her own love for Him. Thanks Mom! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to your mom, Lisa. Even as you rejoice in her legacy, my prayers are with you as you continue to grieve your loss.